Janoshik cottage - Orava dam
Rent, Log house, Námestovo, New building
The price: from from 175 €
1 January - 26 December, during the week Monday - Saturday (min. 2 nights) 175 Eur Property / night
1 January - 26 December, during the week Friday - Sunday (min. 2 nights) 190Eur Property / night
New Year's Eve - 28 December - 2 January (min. 4 nights) 1700 Eur
- Check-in is from 14:00 to 15:00.
- Check-in is from 07:00 to 10:00.
- Pets are allowed (for an additional fee).
- The property is not fenced.
- The property is not accessible for wheelchair users.
- The cottage is heated with solid fuel.
- Smoking is only permitted indoors in a designated area.
- Mobile phone signal: Telekom, Orange, O2, 4ka
- Catering: without meals
Layout of rooms and their equipment
Cottage for max. 16 persons
The Janoshik cottage has a capacity of 16 people, for which it has 6 bedrooms, two of which are quadruple and four double. The cottage has a lounge with two sofas, a fireplace, board games, books and a TV. The cottage on the ground floor also has a dining area with a spacious table and an equipped kitchen with microwave, kettle and coffee machine. The cottage has two bathrooms with toilets, which are located on the ground floor and on the first floor.
- 1x Bedroom (ground floor): 1x double bed
- 1x Bedroom (first floor): 1x double bed
- 1x Bedroom (first floor): 2x double bed
- 2x Bedroom (first floor): 1x bunk bed
- 1x Bedroom (attic):4x single bed
- 1x Living room (ground floor)
- Amenities: Dining area, Board games, Fireplace / cooker, TV, Couch
- 1x Kitchen (ground floor)
- Equipment: refrigerator, ceramic hob, electric kettle, coffee maker (nespresso capsules), microwave.
- 1x Bathroom with WC (ground floor)
- Equipment: toilet, wash-basin, shower cabin
- 1x Bathroom with WC (first floor)
- Equipped: toilet, wash-basin, shower
Location of the accommodation facility
- Accommodation address: Slanická osada 2003, 029 01 Námestovo
- GPS location: 49.3961173, 19.495386
- Regions:Orava, Orava dam, Orava Beskydy, North Slovakia, Central Slovakia
- Location of the object: on a recreational area
- Explanation of the location: by the forest
- Distance from: Shop: 2 km, Restaurant: 2 km, Railway station: 14 km, Bus stop: 2 km
- The cottage has WIFI
- Outside you can use: fireplace, terrace, garden swing, outdoor seating
- Subject: Romantic
- Accommodation suitable for: groups, families with children, tourists, demanding
- Accommodation is suitable for: summer, wedding, active holiday, skiing, winter holiday, teambuilding, celebration, weekend stay, spring break, summer holiday, sports camp, quarantine stay, relax
Description of the cottage
Janoshik Cottage is situated at the edge of the forest in a recreational area of Námestovo, only 500 metres from the Orava dam and 2 km from the waterfront and the centre of Námestovo.
The cottage can accommodate 16 people for whom it has 7 bedrooms, one of which is a quadruple bedroom and six are doubles. The cottage has a living room with two sofas, a fireplace, board games, books and a TV. The ground floor cottage also has a dining room with a spacious table and an equipped kitchen with a microwave, kettle and coffee maker. The cottage has two bathrooms with toilets, which are located on the ground and ground floor.
The cottage also has a garden and a seating area with a fireplace. In front of the cottage there is enough space to park the car.
Tips for trips:
The cottage is located only 200 meters from the hiking trail to the hill Magurka (1,107 m above sea level), which provides an unusual view of the Orava Dam, Horná Orava and the surrounding mountains. Magurka is very easily recognizable thanks to the 80 meter high tower on the top, which serves as a television transmitter.
Another nearby attraction is "Rio de Klin" (7km from the cottage), it is the tallest statue of Christ in Slovakia (a copy of the statue from Rio de Janeiro), which is 9.5 meters high and is located on the hill Grapa at an altitude of 686 m above sea level, from where there is a beautiful view of the Orava dam and Roháče.
For hiking lovers we recommend a more challenging climb to Babia hora (1723 m above sea level), a hiking trail leads from Oravská Polhora (18 km from the cottage). Babia Hora is the northernmost lookout point in Slovakia and the highest peak in the Orava Beskydy Mountains. On the way to this hill you can also visit the famous Hviezdoslav Horárna.
In summer, you can try various water sports such as canoeing, paddling or pedal boats on the Orava Reservoir. In winter you can ski in Ski Krušetnica (11km), Orava Snow Oravská Lesná (27km) or in Ski Park Kubínska hoľa (35km).
The nearest water parks can be found in Oravice (Meander Thermal Oravice), 34 km from the cottage and water park in the Polish village of Chocholow (Aquapark Chocholowskie Termy), 37 km away from the cottage.
We also recommend visiting the picturesque Slanica Island of Art, which is a remnant of the flooded village of Slanica, which disappeared under the water of the Orava Dam and only the hill with a Baroque church has been preserved. On this island you can get acquainted with the history of the Orava dam and flooded villages and also see the expositions of traditional folk art. The boat to this island runs from May to September, the port is located 2 km from our cottage.
If you have enough time, be sure not to miss Orava Castle (23km), which dates from the 13th century and is one of the most beautiful (and scariest) castles in Slovakia, where the German classic silent horror film Nosferatu from 1922, the first film about Dracula.